Terms and conditions for registration and participation at DN’s conferences
When you register for and participate at a conference organized by Dagens Næringsliv (DN), the terms below apply.
Information we collect
When we provide the Services, we collect and receive information in several different ways. In many cases, you choose what information to provide, although some information is required for us to provide you the Services.
Directly from you, or approved third parties.
We collect a variety of information from you when you provide it to us directly, when we request it from you, or when you give us permission to get it from a third party source. – Attendee registration information. When you register to attend a Conference, you must provide us with basic information such as name, address, email address, telephone number, title, and workplace. We also give you the option to provide additional information. – Conference survey responses. We may ask you to participate in optional surveys regarding your experience at the Conference in order to help us improve the event and for related commercial purposes.
Processing of personal data
Dagens Nærngsliv is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We process personal information in accordance with the Personal Information Act.
When you sign up for a conference, DN stores the information you provide about yourself and your workplace.
We use this information to manage the conference and participants that are enrolled. Our signup solution is provided by Checkin, who will process your registered personal information and payment information on behalf of DN.
For analytical purposes information about the employer is kept for 18 months after the conference. Checkin deletes the information you provided one month after the end of the conference, with the exception of payment information, which they are required to retain for 5 years in accordance with the statutory regulations.
Dagens Næringsliv has a data processing agreement with Checkin. You can read our entire Privacy Statement here (NO): https://www.dn.no/personvern/personvernerklaering
How we use your information
We use your information in order to provide, operate, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services, including:
– Providing and improving the requested Services. We use your personal information as necessary to run the Conference, such as to register attendees, issue tickets, facilitate information sharing with partners with whom you have consented for us to share information, and provide you with relevant connections and content during the Conference based on this information.
– Communicating with you. We use your personal information to contact you regarding your registration to attend at a Conference, to notify you of any changes to our policies and practices, and to respond to any requests or inquiries you may submit to us.
– Marketing. As a conference delegate, we may use your personal information for outreach and marketing, such as to send you information about our future Conferences. Our newsletters may contain information about - and offers on - other similar products from Dagens Næringsliv. DN's business partners for the conferences will only send you marketing if you have agreed to it specifically.
You can opt-out of these communications by using the unsubscribe links in our communications.
Legal bases for processing your information
– when necessary to perform the Terms and Conditions or to provide you with the Services;
– where you have consented to the processing, which you may revoke at any time;
– when necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise and defend legal claims;
– when necessary to protect your vital interests, or those of others, such as in the case of an emergency;
– where you have made the information manifestly public;
– where necessary in the public interest; and
– where necessary for the purposes of our, your, or a third party’s legitimate interests, such as those of partners or other attendees.
Our legitimate interests
As indicated above, in certain cases we use your information where necessary to pursue our, your and others’ legitimate interests, including where necessary to:
– Keep the Services safe and secure. We use your information as it is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests, or those of our attendees, our volunteers or our partners in ensuring the Conference is a safe and secure event, such as enforcing our Terms and Conditions. We also act in the legitimate interests of these parties with respect to our Conference website and other Services, such as by implementing and enhancing security measures and protections.
– Provide, develop and improve the Services. We process your information as necessary to pursue our legitimate interests in improving the Conference and our other Services, such as our Conference websites. We also use your information to conduct data analysis and analytics across our Services.
– Market the Services. We process your information in accordance with our legitimate interests of marketing the Conference and the Services to you. For example, we use your information to market future Conferences to you. We may also use your image in our marketing materials in order to highlight the attendees participating in the Conferences. We also use photos and audiovisual footage from past Conferences which may contain your image or voice.
If you want to exercise your right to object to any of these uses please email us at email@example.com.
Notice of filming and photography
When you enter an event organized by Dagens Næringsliv (DN), you enter an area where photography, audio, and video recording may occur. By attending the event you acknowledge and agree that the event (or any part of it) may be photographed or recorded by DN or our conference partners. You consent us to use the recordings both during and any time after the event, and in any form, without any further approval from you or any claims for payment or royalties to you. This grant includes, but is not limited to its/their release, or publication to be used for web casts, promotional purposes, inclusion on websites, social media, or any other purpose by DN and its partners and representatives.